This presentation/workshop builds on your existing skills as a professional QRC, and also focuses on new facilitation skills. You will learn:
- Sure-fire involvement tools and techniques the facilitator uses
- How to positively address challenging audiences, preconceptions, attitudes
- How to elevate your questioning and listening skills in new ways
Topics will include, among others:
- The Moderator vs. The Facilitator
- Things Every Great Facilitator Does
- New Ideas on How to Set up and Monitor an Activity
- Three great facilitation techniques to add to your toolbox
- How the best facilitators structure questions
- How to "Go with It" or take what participants give you
- When participants don't give what a client wants -- how to facilitate presenting "disappointing" outcomes
For the workshop portion, we will experience a live facilitation process, where Cyndi will take us through an abbreviated session focusing on a QRCA member-submitted topic.
All meeting attendees will receive a free copy of Cyndi's newest book "Fearless Facilitation." (A $30 value, compliments of the MN Chapter.)
Cyndi Maxey, CSP, has owned Maxey Creative, Inc in Chicago, a communications training and consulting firm since 1989. She is a professional speaker, facilitator, coach, and author of five books on presentations and communications.
- Date: Monday, April 7, 2014
- Time: 9:45: am to 1:00 pm.
- Where: Focus Market Research, Two Meridian Crossings, Bloomington, MN (www.focusmarketresearch.com for directions)
- Meeting Fee: $25 Members, $35 Non-members (fee includes lunch)
RSVP Elaine Gingold: email@example.com Mail your check (made out to QRCA MN Chapter) to be received no later than Thursday, April 3 to: Elaine Gingold, 253 Willoughby Way West, Minnetonka, MN. 55305