Full-Day Workshop with Kristin Schwitzer: You Too Can Be A Mobile Maven!
Today, client demand has made knowing how and when to use mobile an absolute must for QRCs. Now’s your chance to learn about this hot topic from one of QRCA’s own mobile experts, Kristin Schwitzer. Come learn from Kristin’s 4 years of mobile experience so you can get up to speed without having to go through so many bumps along the way. Here’s how some of our QRCA peers have described Kristin:
- “The Queen of Cool Research” (Susan Abbott)
- “The Fearless Pioneer” (Lynn Greenberg)
- “The High Priestess of Trial and Error” (Jeff Etherton)
Building on her popular mobile round tables from the past two annual QRCA conferences, Kristin will now lead a custom, hands-on workshop on mobile QR exclusively for the Pacific Northwest Chapter, and members of the Southern California Chapter who will participate remotely. In her presentation at last year’s QRCA conference titled “Pushing the Envelope in Online Qualitative,” Kristin spoke about the need to take risks in our work. This is your way to take a risk and get started with mobile – in a very safe environment, with plenty of handholding!
Topics to be covered include:
- Why QRCs today must be using mobile qualitative
- When mobile is and is not a good choice
- How to integrate mobile into both in-person and online methods
- Selecting a technology partner
- How to recruit mobile participants and watch-outs
- Real examples of mobile studies
- Writing instructions, activities and questions for mobile (hands on)
- Moderating mobile studies (with live Revelation demo)
- What it’s like to be a mobile participant (hands on via Revelation app)
- Anticipating and handling participant problems
- General tips and words of advice
About the speaker
Kristin Schwitzer has 26 years of marketing/market research experience. Prior to launching Beacon Research in 2000, Kristin worked both client-side in brand management at Procter and Gamble and agency-side in strategic planning and market research. She is a past Vice President of QRCA, the founder/past Chair of QRCA’s Online SIG, and the founding editor of GreenBook’s NewQual blog. Currently, she serves on QRCA’s Industry Relations Committee as the liaison to GreenBook and has chaired the QRCA Track at GreenBook’s Insight Innovation Exchange (IIeX) the past two years. Outside of research, Kristin enjoys playing tennis, sailing, bike riding, traveling, and spending time with family and friends, ideally on or near the water!
9:30-10:00am Meet and Greet/Registration – Light Breakfast
10:00-10:15am Chapter announcements
10:15am-Noon Mobile Maven presentation plus Q&A
12:50-1:30pm Being a mobile participant (hands on/outside)
1:30-2:00pm Debriefing the participant experience
2:00-2:30pm Moderating mobile (live demo)
2:30-3:00pm Designing studies with mobile (hands on)
3:00-3:45pm Writing instructions, activities and questions (hands on)
3:45-4:00pm Final Q&A
Friday, September 16, 2014
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Continental breakfast and lunch included
2101 4th Avenue, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98121
$100 for QRCA members
$150 for QRCA non-members
Please RSVP no later than Tuesday, September 16th.
To reserve your spot email Nancy Hardwick and then send a check (made out to “PNW Chapter of QRCA”) to:
8720 SE 45th Street
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Your check guarantees your spot.
Given the popularity of these events, and the fact that we ordered food for you, if you register you must pay, whether or not you attend.
When registering please provide your answers to these three questions so that Kristin can best tailor the workshop to meet the needs of attendees.
- When it comes to Mobile Qual, which best describes you?
- What fears do you have about mobile?
- What are you dying to know about mobile?