Join your Texas and Friends chapter as we stream the Nashville Mini-Conference!
LOCATION 1: Dallas Fieldwork
15305 Dallas Pkwy, Addison, TX 75001
Contact Person: Kelly Heatly at Kelly@heatlycustomresearch.com
LOCATION 2: Galloway Research, San Antonio
4751 Hamilton Wolfe Rd, San Antonio, TX 78229
Contact Person: Marta Villanueva at firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCATION 3: Opinions Unlimited, Houston
3 Riverway, Ste 250, Houston, TX 77056
Theme: Essential Mobile Qual
- A coming together of qual practitioners and platform providers to address essential, practical, actionable topics in mobile market research via presentation, workshop and group discussion formats
- Organized into sessions that correlate with the journey of a qualitative research project–design, implementation and reporting
- Topics will include platform choice for different study objectives; participant screening, recruitment and engagement; analysis and reporting; client considerations and more
9:00-10:15 am Central - Session 1: Design/Proposal
- A definition and broad overview of the mobile qualitative industry and how current platform are classified
- How to design a mobile qualitative study–or component of a larger project–based on Client objectives
- A framework for choosing the right platform, writing an RFP, and collaborating with the platform supplier on the proposal to the Client
Isaac Rogers–Platform Supplier
How-to's and best practices of project design for mobile qualitative research and in relation to digital qualitative:
- Making sense of mobile and digital platform types
- Why/when to choose which platform based on platform capabilities
- Key considerations for the structure and the budget of a mobile research design
- How to set great expectations with your clients
10:45 am-12:00 pm Central - Session 2: Fielding
The phone rings and it's your favorite client (yay). She needs a mobile survey (uh oh). If this scenario hits home, this session is for you! Learn first-hand what a qualitative researcher discovered about the realities of conducting a mobile qual study. Find out what clients expect, what actually happens, how to avoid disaster, and what to do when disaster strikes despite your best plans and experienced project management. Learn the surprising challenges of mobile engagements so you'll be sailing smoothly through your next online qual study.
Sheena Bacon–Platform Supplier
- How-to's and best practices of using a variety of mobile qualitative tools–diaries, mobile discussions, shop-a-longs and virtual ethnographies–to bring richer context to consumer research
- Tips for maximizing participant engagement and harvesting valuable in-the-moment insight from consumers
12:45-2:00 pm Central - Session 3: Reporting/Delivery
- How to create powerful debriefs and presentations that highlight the value of Smartphone qualitative to your clients
- How to set up Smartphone qualitative as a methodology in your debriefs and reporting
- Great ideas on how to build presentations that merchandise photo, audio, video and other “evidence” you collect in your projects to deliver a high-impact debrief or presentation
- Examples of Smartphone qualitative deliverables that demonstrate the how-to’s of adding value for high impact:
- Photos, audio and video media
- Timestamp analysis
- Geolocation information
- Media collages
- Adding a qual layer to quant-based usage studies
- How to ensure that your deliverables work perfectly on your client’s systems
Ross McLean–Platform Supplier
- What are the true benefits of Smartphone qualitative methodology to the researcher?
- What are the true benefits of Smartphone qualitative to the client?
- What are the use cases where Smartphone qualitative really adds value?
- Which type of Smartphone/online platform fits which type of project?
- How do we convince our clients to try/buy Smartphone qualitative?
- Tips and tricks for practitioners on how to make Smartphone qualitative really work for you
2:00 pm - Goodbyes and Departure