Vol. 13, Number 5
You’re Going to Want to Come Early for this Year’s Annual Conference
Jay Zaltzman, firstname.lastname@example.org
You know how you go to the annual conference and it feels like a whirlwind? There’s just so much good stuff going on, it’s hard to keep track of it all... and that’s before you factor in all the socializing and networking! Well, we’ve actually added even more good stuff this year. Yes, it’s going to be even more of a whirlwind! Here are some examples:
- Our keynote event is going to be a client panel. You’ll learn how they choose qualitative researchers and where they think the industry is headed.
- We’ve added a new format: topic immersion sessions. Within one 90-minute time slot, you will see two or three separate presentations, providing different points of view on the chosen topic.
- Demo Connections: on Wednesday morning, four companies will each provide a 30-minute demo to conference attendees, to enable attendees to learn about their products or services in a focused manner.
So what’s a conference attendee to do? My advice: arrive on Tuesday. That way, you can get started on your socializing early (make sure to attend the Early Arrivals Dinner), and be there in time to see the Demo Connections on Wednesday morning. And you’ll have just a little more breathing room to deal with the whirlwind of a conference, as well as enjoy New Orleans! Go to www.qrca.org/2014 for more details.
Back to Top
New at the Annual Conference This Year: Demo Connections
Katrina Noelle, email@example.com
As you heard in May, this year all Platinum and Gold Sponsors and Exhibitors were given the opportunity to apply for one of our new Demo Connections time slots. The following companies have been chosen to present on Wednesday morning, 9:00-11:00 a.m.:
- Digsite LLC: With a potential audience participation component, Digsite will showcase how they are "designed to work hand in hand with qualitative research consultants to feature the qualitative research consultant as the hero that can partner with their clients for long-term research communities rather than singular research projects."
- Ramius Corporation: This is your chance to get to know "Recollective:" a research software tool "designed and continuously improved in collaboration with qualitative researchers to meet their specific needs and improve the efficiency" with which they can conduct research studies from initial recruiting, study design and moderation through to final reporting.
- Interactive Video Productions: If you want to learn more about various types of eye tracking systems, come to see IVP's demonstration of eye tracking technology itself and the methodology required when working with different stimuli, including websites, mobile devices, signage and packaging.
- Icanmakeitbetter: icanmakeitbetter will introduce attendees to their "simple seamless platform" to conduct online bulletin board discussions, drag-and-drop surveys, respondent management, panel management and ideation/open-innovation offering, allowing qualitative researchers to add new services and panels to their offerings with low IT investment and very low costs.
When booking travel to QRCA 2014, please make plans to attend these new sessions on Wednesday morning!
Back to Top
Insight Innovation eXchange Event Sponsored by GreenBook (with a QRCA-dedicated track)
Rick Weitzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 10 reasons why you should be in Atlanta June 16-18 for the second North American Greenbook Insight Innovation eXchange event:
10) A great source of disruptive MR thinkers and new technology providers all in one place.
9) 650 attendees from our industry, and roughly half client-side researchers — great networking!
8) A high-tech venue/hotel (though fewer rooms than attendees, so reserve soon if interested).
7) A QRCA-dedicated track with our own members showcasing innovation in qualitative research.
6) New this year, a hands-on interactive area for a peek into the future of MR technology.
5) Rapid-fire presentations of solutions to unmet client-side insights generation problems.
4) Latest updates on industry-wide topics like behavioral science and other technologies to get closer to consumers (even into their brains!).
3) A chance to share new inspiration sources with your fellow QRCA members and talk about how to “search and reapply” to our own work.
2) An inspiring and FUN business trip all in one!
1) A record-setting deep discount on registration (35%), offered to QRCA members only in recognition that most of us are independents and shouldn’t have to pay the same registration fee as those getting reimbursed by the big companies! (Woohoo – and thank you GreenBook!)
Ask one of the 20 QRCA members who attended the inaugural North American IIeX event in Philadelphia last year about their inspiring and fun experience!
Wonderful!! Enlightened! Stimulated! Inspired! Overwhelmed!
(the way Lynn Greenburg felt after her 2013 IIeX in Philadelphia)
It provides a good overview of the state of the industry. It's not a skill development environment, as QRCA is, but is more about scanning the landscape for trends.
I think it's good to get out of our QRCA bubble and learn about what's going on in the industry at large.
(Liz Van Patten)
LEARN MORE AND REGISTER TODAY!
** Save 35% with promo code QRCA35 ***
WANT TO FURTHER CUT COSTS?
Email Kristin@beacon-resesearch.com if you are interested in sharing transportation costs to/from the airport and/or sharing hotel costs with another QRCA member, as many do at our own conference
» WHY ATTEND?
» SEE THE AGENDA
» LEARN ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Imagine it. See it. Do it.
Back to Top
UXPA London 2014 – QRCA Members Get 10% Off
Cory Lebson, UXPA President, email@example.com
As a partner of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA), QRCA members can receive 10% off the registration price of UXPA’s London 2014 conference to take place July 21-24 2014. Enter the discount code QRCAandUXPA2014 upon registration to receive 10% off of your main conference registration.*
Why attend UXPA 2014 in London?
- Learn best practices from global UX experts. This year's conference features an incredible roster of experts from companies such as Google, Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM, companies that really know the value of designing amazing user experiences. With a choice of tutorials, collaborative sessions, presentations and panels, attendees are bound to build up their UX arsenal.
- Reinvigorate passion for your work. UXPA 2014 lets participants step off the project treadmill for a few days and reconnect with the passion that inspired them to want to become involved in user experience in the first place.
- Build new relationships. UXPA 2014 is a truly international conference, which means you have the opportunity to meet practitioners from around the world.
Find out more about the conference and register now!
*Note that this discount offer is only available until Monday, June 23, and is contingent on taking advantage of the UXPA conference room block for £169 + VAT per night. This is at the elegant Park Plaza Westminster, close to many wonderful sites in London, inclusive of Wi-Fi and breakfast, and much lower than the rates on the hotel website and those of other hotels in the area.
Back to Top