Please direct any enquiries about the Scholarships to Darrin Hubbard, Assistant Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Each year QRCA offers two Global Outreach Scholarships which makes it possible for qualitative researchers from outside the USA, UK or Canada, who otherwise would not be able to do so, to attend the QRCA Annual Conference in the autumn of the year in which their Scholarship is awarded. This initiative supports the career and personal development of international researchers, while helping to raise QRCA’s profile internationally. The Scholarship recipients are chosen by the International Committee from candidates who have submitted applications, and the award is announced prior to the QRCA Annual Conference.
- The Foundation Scholarship is awarded to a qualitative researcher who is relatively new to qualitative research, but is already establishing a career path in this field. For instance, they should have developed some experience of moderating group discussions and IDI’s and of analyzing the results.
- The Advanced Scholarship is intended for a qualitative researcher who is already well established in their career, but wants to expand and deepen their knowledge of methods and techniques, and to maximize the value of the projects that they plan and execute for their clients.
The 2013 Scholarship recipients will each receive:
- Free conference registration (valued at up to US $1,425) to attend the QRCA Annual Conference in San Diego, CA, from 16-18 October 2013.
- Travel and accommodation expenses associated with attending the conference, up to a total of US $1,000.
- Free membership of QRCA for the remainder of the 2013 membership year.
Applicants may only apply for one Scholarship each year. Applications must be submitted on the QRCA Application Form below, and each application must be accompanied by the following:
- One (1) page Personal Statement indicating career plans, reasons the Applicant is applying for the Scholarship and why the Applicant feels they merit the award, and any additional information about the Applicant that is felt to be relevant and that is not otherwise included in the Application Form.
- Two (2) completed, signed and dated Referee Forms, one of which must be from the Applicant's current employer, or if self-employed, your previous employer.
- Proof of completion of University level degree or local equivalent.
The Personal Statement and Referee Forms will provide the most important criteria for selection of the successful Recipients.
Preference will be given to Applicants who fulfill the following qualifying criteria:
- Resident of a country outside the USA, UK and Canada. (International qualitative researchers who are living or working in the USA, UK or Canada do not qualify.)
- Have completed University level degree study, or local equivalent.
- Currently employed in qualitative research.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to qualitative research.
- Fluent in English language (oral and written).
- Have not attended any previous QRCA Annual Conference or been selected as a speaker at the QRCA Annual Conference.
- Member of QRCA or non-member who qualifies for membership.
Submitting Completed Documentation
Closing date for all applications is Friday, May 31 2013. All applications must be received, in electronic form (either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded using the upload function below), no later than midnight (GMT) on this date. Applications must be complete and received by the deadline to be considered. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.