January 24-26, 2018
Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
Phoenix, AZ USA
First Timers are welcomed warmly!
If this is your first time attending the QRCA Annual Conference, you may be thinking something along the lines of, “I won’t know anyone there, who am I going to talk to?” etc. Well, you’re going to be pleasantly surprised. At our annual conference, attendees actually go out of their way to talk to first-time attendees and make them feel welcome!
Potential discounts for First Timers
First-Time conference attendees can get a 25% discount off the registration fee! The discount is available to first-time QRCA conference attendees who joined the QRCA for the first time in the past two years. If you are eligible for the discount, you will receive a discount code in an email from QRCA. Contact Darrin Hubbard if you do not receive your discount code.
Identify yourself as a “First Timer”!
Locate and Check the “First Timer” Box when you register
- When you register for the conference, make sure you check the “First Timer” Box listed under “Optional Activities”! First Timers will learn a lot about what QRCA has to offer as well as meet some interesting and fun people as soon as you arrive!
- In addition, you have the opportunity to request an “ambassador” (it doesn’t cost anything). If you choose this option, we will send an email to you a few weeks before the conference so you and your ambassador can get connected. Your ambassador will be a QRCA conference veteran, who will be an excellent resource for you leading up to the conference and also during the conference itself. The ambassador will answer questions you might have about what to expect at the conference, give you tips on how you can figure out what workshops will match your needs, share how to get immersed in the wonderful welcoming QRCA culture, help you make meaningful connections, and help make sure you have fun!
Wear your “First Timer” ribbon at the Conference!
- When you arrive at the conference registration desk, you will be given a “First Timer” Ribbon to put on your badge. Make sure to put it on! That alerts the other attendees to make an extra effort to make you feel welcome. No kidding!
Attend the special events just for you — meet lots of QRCs including other First Timers like you!
- First Timer/Ambassador Table at the Early Arrivals Event! [Tuesday, January 23rd (please check for exact time)]
While your Ambassador may not be available yet, you will be able to meet other Ambassadors as well as some fellow First Timers at a special ‘Meet and Greet Area’ in the Lobby where the Early Arrivals Dinner Folks meet on the first evening.
- First Timer/Ambassador Table at Breakfast in the Marketplace! [Wednesday, January 24th between 8:00 & 8:30am]
Meet and Eat with your Ambassador and New Friends at a special Meet and Greet Area in the Marketplace
- First Timers Official Welcome Event! [Wednesday, January 24th, 11am to 12:15pm]
At this meeting, you will have a chance to meet and mingle with some of QRCA’s Leaders including Board Members, SIG Leaders, and Chapter Chairs to ask specifics about our organization as well as other First Timers from across the World with whom you can gather along with your respective Ambassador at Lunch which follows this Event.
You will also have the opportunity meet up with your ambassador (if you chose that option) face-to-face (if you have not met them already). After that, we’ll have a speed dating session, where you’ll get to meet many more ambassadors (as time allows!).
If you have any questions about being a first-timer (or if you are interested in being an ambassador), please contact either Laurie Butler or Pascal Patenaude who are organizing the First Timer program this year.