- Philippe Boutros, Senior Research Analyst, Cascade Insights, United States
- Warren Ciabattoni, Director, Qualitative Research, 7th Sense Research, United States
- Elizabeth Dengal, Senior Project Manager, Fulcrum Research Group, United States
- Aimée Douglas, PhD, Senior Specialist, Qualitative Research, Bain & Company, United States
- Jessica Fennell, Research Manager, Northstar Research Partners, United Kingdom
- Reece Jones, Senior Research Analyst, Qualitative Insights, Buzzback, United States
- Anne Lee Groves, Director, Lee Groves Consulting, Canada
- Marlena Mattei, Manager, Research & Insights, KUDZU Research & Insights, United States
- Amye Parker, Research Manager, Northstar Research Partners, United Kingdom
- Jeanne Penn, Research Executive, Cello Health Insight, United States
- Meagan Peters, Qualitative Director, Solution Partners Consulting, United States
- Angel Requena, Associate Project Director, InsightsNow, United States
- Andrew Russell, Design Researcher, Sylver Consulting, United States
- Rebecca Bukele Samour, Associate Director of Research & Insights, Collage Group, El Salvador
- Dr. Brittany L. Stalsburg, Founder & President, BLS Research & Consulting LLC, United States
- Leigh Wright, Research Manager, Bad Babysitter Productions, United States
See full bios and photos of the 2018 recipients
About the Young Professionals Grant
The Young Professionals Grant (YPG) program was created in 2014 to help advance young qualitative researchers’ careers via access to networking and educational sessions at the QRCA’s Annual Conference. Grants covering all conference registration fees, a USD $1,300 value, are awarded to up and coming young adults aged 35 years and younger. Now in its fourth year, 15 grants were awarded to the January 2018 Annual Conference: Elevate & Cultivate.
In case you don't know us yet, the QRCA is a not-for-profit association of researchers involved in designing and implementing qualitative research, consisting of moderators, ethnographers, consumer experience specialists, online qualitative professionals, social media experts, branding and strategy authorities and more.
Every year, the QRCA convenes at an exciting location to hear the latest and greatest in qualitative innovation, while meeting others and forming invaluable partnerships. We like to think of the qualitative world as one big yet small happy family - the connections coming out of these conferences are unparalleled.
Follow #YoungQRCA and @qrca on Twitter for updates and news.
The application period for the 2018 Annual Conference is currently closed. Please come back in Summer 2018.
Read about why Elizabeth Marconi, a 2015 Young Professionals Grant recipient, says applying is a must and how it’s benefited her career so far.
The Young Professionals Grant (YPG) includes all registration fees where recipients can attend any of the 30+ educational sessions led by qualitative experts, Thursday evening Gala, all networking events, and luncheon and evening meals – a USD $1300 value. This grant does not include travel or lodging expenses associated with attending the annual conference.
Bonus! All qualified individuals who apply, but are not awarded a grant, will receive a 25% discount on the regular registration fee if they decide to join QRCA at the annual conference.
- Aged 35 years or younger at the time of the conference
- Your primary professional role must consist of designing, conducting and analyzing qualitative research or you are in training to conduct these activities. Applicants cannot work for an advertising agency, or as a client-side researcher (including those who work for non-research companies such as product manufacturers and service providers) or maintain a primary role in purchasing/outsourcing qualitative research services.
- Non QRCA members: Must meet our standard membership qualifications.
- Current QRCA members: Must not have not attended a QRCA annual conference in the past 5 years.
Grants will be awarded based on age, experience level and a personal statement provided by the applicant. All individuals must meet standard membership qualifications for attendance at the time they apply. Only one grant will be awarded to a single company or firm. Grant awards are non-transferable.
- Sarah Brown, Senior Analyst, Qualitative Researce, Kelton, Los Angeles, CA
- Russ Edwards, PhD Candidate, University of South Florida and Research & Customer Experience Analyst, Precision Dialogue, Tampa, FL
- Rebecca Fowler, Senior Marketing Specialist, FedEx Services, Memphis, TN
- Caitlin Homstad, Research Analyst, Research Partnership, Philadelphia, PA
- Bernadette Lockamyier, Consumer Insights, Rochester, New York
- Jennifer Myers, Project Manager, Ipsos RDA, Macomb, Michigan
- Brandon Richard, Research Manager, The Link Group, Durham, North Carolina
- Keith J. Romer, Research Consultant, The Garage Group, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Daniela Rubio, Independent Bilingual/Bicultural Qualitative Consultant, San Francisco, California
- Kelsey Segaloff, Qualitative Associate Researcher, Chadwick Martin Bailey, Boston, Massachusetts
- Nathalia Vega, Project Director, Blackstone Group, Chicago IL
- Ashleigh Williams, Senior Qualitative Analyst, C+R Research, Chicago, Illinois
- Laura Albers, Kaleidoscope LLC, Santa Monica, California
- Tory Rebecca Gentes, The Palmerston Group, Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Kayte Hamilton, Brado Creative Insight, St. Louis, Missouri
- Ellen Hart, Vivisum Partners, Durham, North Carolina
- Heather Hilgenkamp, iModerate Research Technologies, Denver, Colorado
- Emily Hoffman, Research Partnership, Ambler, Pennsylvania
- Elizabeth Marconi, GfK, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
- Margaret Mariani, The Strat Lab, Tampa, Florida
- Meghan Morales, Cocker Fennessy, Seattle, Washington
- Shatha Richards, PSEARCH Associates Company Ltd., Kingston, Jamaica
- Colleen Berg, The Sound Research
- Karin Chrisville, Edge Research
- Katie Davis, Hall & Partners
- Chelsea Gibbons, iModerate
- Karlene Hanko, Slover Linett Audience Research
- Susan Lackey, Fulcrum Research Group
- Alexa Megna, The Pert Group
- Beth Preece, Burke, Inc.
- Peter Schamp, Market Dynamics Research Group
- Kim Schonfeld, Lieberman Research Worldwide
- Anisha Shetty, HawkPartners
- Sarah Tax, Research Partnership
- Arielle Trammel-Fisher, Galileo Research
& Strategy LLC
- Berkley Wooten, The Link Group
- Anya Zadrozny, Self-Employed