Friday, April 27, 2018
Session 1: 9am-1pm for those with 1-3 years exp; Session 2: 1-5:30pm for those with 4-5 years exp
711 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10110
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Brought to you by the QRCA NY Metro Chapter and the QRCA Content Committee
Sponsored by Schlesinger Group
Please note that Session 1 (for those with 1-3 years experience) is SOLD OUT.
- QRCA Members - Free
- Non Members - Students and up to 5 years post graduation - $45
- Non Members - All others - $85
This workshop is limited to 12 moderators (6 per Session) with 5 years or less in-person moderation experience.
Beef up your moderating skills with HANDS-ON, ACTUAL CLIENT focus group experience!
A can't miss opportunity, the Modern Masters Session: Focus Group Moderation 201 is an interactive workshop designed for moderators with little or limited experience to gain new skills using the latest in focus group in-room technology at Schlesinger's state-of-the-art new facility in NYC. Attendees will have the opportunity to moderate a mini focus group for a nonprofit with a real research need and receive feedback from QRCA member master moderators. Leave the session more confident with:
- Rapport building techniques
- More effective participant listening skills
- Insight gathering best practices
- Experience with Schlesinger's Tech Wall, a new interactive platform used to display free-form and structured stimuli
- Tips on how to improve -direct from moderators with 20+ years experience
- QRCA Advance Program Status points (members only)
Registration is first come, first serve and is open to both members and non-members.
- The workshop's client is Little Essentials, a local NYC nonprofit that offers at-risk families living in poverty urgently needed children’s supplies and parenting education
- Background information on the client and the research objective plus a moderator's guide will be provided in advance
- Researchers should plan to stay for their entire session
Session 1: 9:00 - 1:00 - Moderators with 1-3 years experience - SESSION 1 IS SOLD OUT
- Session 2: 1:00 - 5:30 - Moderators with 4-5 years experience
- Each focus group will be 30 minutes in length with ~5 participants
- A debrief session will be held at the end of each session where researchers can share feedback with each other plus receive advice from the workshop organizers
- Formal feedback will be given privately to each researcher by a QRCA member master moderator following the session including:
- Betsy Bernstein, President, Bernstein Research Group, Inc
- Laurie Tema-Lyn, Founder, Practical Imagination Enterprises, Author of 'Stir It Up! Recipes for Robust Insights & Red Hot Ideas'
- Manny (Mandel) Schraeger, Executive Vice President, Consumer Centers
- Roben Allong, CEO, Lightbeam Communications
- Tom Rich, Owner, Thomas M. Rich & Associates
QRCA has the right to reject a registration and return their payment if they do not qualify per the information submitted. Workshop details are subject to change.