QRCA recently released a statement condemning the systemic racism in American society and the criminal justice system in the wake of the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery. The full statement can be viewed here.
This Listening Session is an opportunity for QRCA members to…
1) Hear the DE&I Task Force Co-Chairs, Shannon Danzy and Susanna (Whitmore) Fránek, talk about the Task Force and QRCA’s statement on its commitment to anti-racism.
2) Talk in small breakout groups about QRCA’s statement, recent events and their historical underpinnings whether it is sharing feelings and experiences, concerns and questions, challenges and opportunities for the worlds we inhabit (personal, work, QRCA, larger market research industry).
The breakout groups will be facilitated by members of the DE&I Task Force.
The end goal?
Right now, simply to Listen.
For members to listen to other members.
For the DE&I Task Force to listen to members.
About the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Task Force
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) Task Force was officially launched at the QRCA 2020 Annual Conference. It will ask how the QRCA is holding itself, the members we represent, and the industry at large accountable for an authentic commitment to diversity and inclusiveness. Our objectives:
- Define the problem within the industry and how the QRCA fits into it, including a review of partner organizations’ efforts.
- Assess QRCA’s and its members’ operational areas. For the QRCA this could include leadership development, member recruitment, and event accessibility. For membership, supplier diversity and QRE recruitment practices.
- Develop a DE&I roadmap for the QRCA consisting of a vision summarizing QRCA’s commitment, a set of realistic goals, a strategic plan to meet those goals and an ongoing plan to monitor QRCA’s success.
- On a parallel path to the above, create an interim learning program that educates QRCA’s members and friends on topics related to DE&I and encourages open dialogue. Collaboration with the Education Committee and the Multicultural SIG, which have overlapping goals, is expected.
The DE&I Task Force is open to any and all QRCA member. To learn more or to provide feedback at any time, contact either Shannon Danzy (email@example.com) or Susanna (Whitmore) Fránek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Shannon Danzy, Principal, danzy consults.
- Susanna (Whitmore) Fránek, Cultural Anthropologist, Ethnologix
Additional facilitators from the DE&I Task Force to be announced.
For disability accommodations (e.g., sign language interpreters, alternative formats), please indicate your needs during event registration. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.