Rocky Mountain Chapter 2nd Annual Summit on the Summit
QRCA Rocky Mountain Chapter
Advance Credits: 2
This is a free event. RSVP to Sidney at email@example.com by Wednesday, September 23rd so we know who to look for in the parking lot.
Hi Rocky Mountain Researchers!
Get ready for some good old-fashioned Colorado fun in the sun! The second annual Summit on the Summit hiking day is on Friday, Sept 25th!
We are going back to the beautiful Brainard Lakes for a half day hike. There are hikes for all hiking levels - strolling walks to more - and I'm confident that no matter what hike you'd like to do you'll have a hiking buddy in the group.
We will have some curated time for thought provoking questions but then also free form time to get to know fellow Rocky Mountain researchers.
Brainard Lakes is northwest of Boulder and just outside of a small town called Ward.
If you're on the fence, before you say no - check out google images of Brainard Lakes... it's worth it to come explore this gem of Colorado!
A few logistics (and please don't hesitate to email Carol and I any questions):
- There is a large parking lot on the right before you go through the paid gate, we'll meet there
- Please meet at the parking lot at 8:30 am
- Once we have grouped up at that parking lot we'll head in to the park. There tends to be a line of cars to get in and it's difficult to meet up once in the park due to the various parking lots.
- There is a park entrance fee - typically paid in exact cash so bring $1s - I think it is $7 but will confirm pricing
- National Parks Passes do work for entry to avoid the day use fee
- Please bring:
- A small day hiking pack
- A sun hat
- Hiking shoes or running/walking shoes
- Hiking/athletic clothes
- Business cards for when you meet a new colleague
- It's too early to know the weather but I'll be keeping an eye on it for everyone
- It might be a bit chilly when we first meet up but I'm hoping it will warm up as we go
- It is almost always windy so a rain or wind jacket is helpful
- I'll send out another email to those who are confirmed with the details again
- We'll likely skip any formal hang out in Nederland but I probably will go to the outside seating at the brewery for a post hike beverage if anyone would want to join.
- Here is the link to the park page if you'd like to check it out further
Please RSVP by Wednesday, the 23rd so that I know who to expect at the parking lot! Please also invite your friends and colleagues! The more the merrier!
Looking forward to hiking with you all and seeing each other in person (with social distancing)!
Sidney and Carol