January 30–February 1, 2019
Hyatt Regency Savannah in Savannah, GA USA
First Timers Are Welcomed Warmly!
If this is your first time attending the QRCA Annual Conference, you may be thinking something like, “I won’t know anyone there." "Who will I talk to?” Well, you will be pleasantly surprised. At our annual conference, attendees actually go out of their way to talk to first-time attendees and make them feel welcome!
Potential Discounts for First Timers
First-time conference attendees can get a 25% discount off the registration fee! The discount is available to first-time QRCA conference attendees who joined QRCA for the first time in the past two years. This discount is not available to conference exhibitors. If you are eligible for the discount, you will receive a discount code in an email from QRCA. Contact email@example.com if you do not receive your discount code.
Identify Yourself as a “First Timer”!
Locate and check the “First Timer” box when you register!
- When you register for the conference, make sure you check the “First Timer” box. First Timers will learn a lot about what QRCA has to offer and meet some interesting and fun people as soon as you arrive.
- In addition, you have the opportunity to request an “ambassador” (it doesn’t cost anything). If you choose this option, we will send an email to you a few weeks before the conference so you and your ambassador can get connected. Your ambassador will be a QRCA conference veteran, who will be an excellent resource for you leading up to the conference and during the conference itself. The ambassador will answer questions you might have about what to expect at the conference, give you tips on how you can figure out what workshops will match your needs, share how to get immersed in the wonderful welcoming QRCA culture, help you make meaningful connections, and help make sure you have fun!
- NOTE: To be an Ambassador, you will need to select that option on your registration form for the Conference. Thank you!
Wear Your “First Timer” Ribbon at the Conference!
- When you arrive at the conference registration desk, you will get a “First Timer” ribbon to put on your badge. Make sure to wear it! That alerts the other attendees to make an extra effort to make you feel welcome. No kidding!
Attend the Special Events just for You — Meet Lots of QRCs Including other First Timers Like You!
- First Timer/Ambassador Table at the Early Arrivals Event: Tuesday, January 29
While your ambassador may not be available yet, you will be able to meet other ambassadors as well as some fellow first timers at a special Meet and Greet area in the lobby where the Early Arrivals Dinner Folks meet on the first evening.
- First Timer Table at Breakfast in the Marketplace: Wednesday, January 30
Meet and eat with your fellow First Timers at a special 'Meet and Greet' area near the registration desk. We will hand you a Welcome packet with key information about the conference and answer any questions you may have. This can also serve as a meeting point if you haven’t met your Ambassador yet.
- First Timers Official Welcome Event: Wednesday, January 30
At this meeting, you will have a chance to meet and mingle with some of QRCA’s leaders including Board Members, SIG Leaders, and Chapter Chairs to ask specifics about our organization. You'll also mingle with other First Timers from across the world with whom you can gather along with your respective ambassador at the lunch following this event.
You will also have the opportunity meet up with your ambassador (if you chose that option) face-to-face (if you have not met them already). After that, we’ll have a "speed dating" session, where you’ll get to meet many more ambassadors (as time allows!).
Questions? If you have any questions about being a first-timer (or if you are interested in being an ambassador), please contact either Pascal Patenaude or Kristi Jackson who are organizing the First Timer program this year.