As a speaker at the 2020 Worldwide Conference on Qualitative Research in Brussels, I agree to adhere to the following (please check off THE ONE MAIN AGREEMENT BOX AT THE BOTTOM after reading all terms and agreements):
I agree to present my session at the 2020 Worldwide Conference on Qualitative Research on the date and time identified
I agree to present the session as it was laid out in my 200-word presentation description.
I will work with my liaison/Presentation Review Team, as necessary, to ensure the best presentation possible.
I agree to meet all deadlines and understand that missing deadlines could impact the inclusion of my presentation within conference materials [and eligibility for continuing education credits].
During my presentation, I will not promote my services, my company or products in which I have a commercial interest.
I will notify QRCA immediately in the event that an emergency would prevent me from meeting my obligation as a conference speaker.
I warrant and represent that my presentation is my own original work, factually accurate, and contains nothing libelous or otherwise unlawful. I have the authority to enter into this Agreement, and I am the sole copyright holder or that I have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any persons or organizations whose material is included or used in my presentation.
I agree that if my presentation includes any personally identifiable data/information in any form (written, audio, video, or other) that could cause a research participant or bystander to be identified, I will do one of both of the following:
- Before submitting my presentation, I will "de-identify" (make anonymous) any personal data/information in any form (written, audio, visual, video, or other) that could potentially cause a research participant or bystander to be identified. I understand that this may require eliminating, masking, blurring, pixelating, distorting, cropping, or modifying the data in other ways.
- Before submitting my presentation, I will obtain informed consent, in written or recorded form, from that person (or if a minor, their parent), to use that material for presentation during this conference and in any material distributed where that material appears. (Please note that general research participation agreements such as “material captured during this research will be used for market research purposes only” are not considered “informed consent”)
I agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend QRCA from and against any losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of any third-party claim arising out of my breach of the representations or warranties made by me in this Agreement.
I agree to abide by QRCA’s social media guidelines for promotion of my presentation.
I understand that an agreement to speak at the 2020 Worldwide Conference on Qualitative Research equates to agreement for QRCA to:
- Use my name and/or image in photos, video, internet transmission or other media,
- Create and use conference speaker 'teaser or promotional interviews' for publicity of sessions (audio and/or video),
- Record the audio and/or video of my presentation,
- QRCA will own all the rights, in such recording(s) and may distribute, display and prepare derivative works based on such recordings in any form or format.
Compensation confirmation: I understand that I will receive 50% off one conference registration.
I have read the Code of Conduct and agree to act in accordance with these codes.