Section 5: QRCA Conferences
Why Attend? | Annual Conference | Worldwide Conference | Presenting
QRCA conferences are designed to deliver high quality, cutting-edge learning from the best in the industry, with an emphasis on real-world methodologies, technologies, advice and insights to put into practice immediately. There are also priceless opportunities to leverage the unparalleled knowledge base of fellow conference attendees by connecting and networking with peers in both formal and informal settings. The Annual and Worldwide Conferences are the highlights of the year for many QRCA members and excellent opportunities to catch up with old friends, meet new colleagues, hear about some of the most cutting-edge research methods and have fun in a new city.
Benefits of Attending
- Learn how to leverage the latest technology and techniques to immediately improve your practice and grow your business.
- Experience the open, sharing and truly unique culture of QRCA conferences where collaborations begin and never end.
- Connect with the latest in qualitative services and new technologies via our strategic partnerships with suppliers.
- I always learn new tools or tips I can immediately incorporate into my practice!
- The QRCA is much more than an organization or conference, it is a place to find community, make connections and learn from the best.
- Learning new hacks and tricks at the conference offers great value to my practice and clients. It also challenges yourself to try something different…it gives great ideas and boosts my confidence to innovate my practice.
The QRCA Annual Conference is a three-day event based in the U.S. or Canada. At the heart of the Annual Conference are 60-90-minute presentations given by QRCA members and other thought leaders. Each conference features a keynote speaker who often spotlights expertise and inspiration from fields adjacent to qualitative research. The most interactive learning experiences are roundtables, which are short, semi-formal discussions where expert content leaders guide open dialogue on the latest and greatest topics. Conferences are supported by business partners who set up booths in the Marketplace, and time is built into the conference to speak with these sponsors and learn about their latest offerings. A variety of social events enhances the many educational sessions and balances the more formal learning with informal networking and socializing.
Every other year QRCA presents a Worldwide Conference on Qualitative Research based outside of North America. The Worldwide Conference is a more intimate two-day conference that draws attendees from around the world. All presentations are plenary, and attendees eagerly await this biennial event, looking forward to connecting with global colleagues while having inspiring conversations about theories and practice. Research partners share information with attendees at the event, and everyone enjoys receptions where discussions and networking opportunities continue.
Presenting at QRCA conferences gives members the opportunity to share their expertise and thought leadership with peers. It also gives you a free or discounted way to attend these great events! Look for conference ‘calls for presentations’ that come via member communications and consider becoming a conference speaker.