Young Professionals Grant YPG
QRCA was thrilled to have the winners of the 2018 Young Professionals Grant program at the Annual Conference in Phoenix. See full recipient list here.
Thanks to our 2019 Program Partners:
Thanks to our 2019 Media Partner:
About the Young Professionals Grant
The Young Professionals Grant (YPG) program was created in 2014 to help advance young qualitative researchers’ careers via access to networking and educational sessions at the QRCA’s Annual Conference. Grants covering all conference registration fees, a USD $1,300 value, plus — new for 2019 — a one-year QRCA membership, a USD $175 value, are awarded to up and coming young adults aged 35 years and younger. Now in its fifth year, grants will be awarded to the 2019 Annual Conference: Charting Your Best Course, January 30-February 1 in Savannah, GA.
In case you don't know us yet, the QRCA is a not-for-profit association of researchers involved in designing and implementing qualitative research, consisting of moderators, ethnographers, consumer experience specialists, online qualitative professionals, social media experts, branding and strategy authorities and more.
Every year, the QRCA convenes at an exciting location to hear the latest and greatest in qualitative innovation, while meeting others and forming invaluable partnerships. We like to think of the qualitative world as one big yet small happy family - the connections coming out of these conferences are unparalleled.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline was September 24, 2018
What's it like to attend the QRCA Annual Conference? See what our members have to say:
The Young Professionals Grant (YPG) includes all registration fees where recipients can attend any of the 30+ educational sessions led by qualitative experts, Thursday evening Gala, all networking events, and luncheon and evening meals – a USD $1300 value. This grant does not include travel or lodging expenses associated with attending the annual conference.
- Aged 35 years or younger at the time of the conference
- Your primary professional role is those in training who design, conduct, analyze or support the conduct and analysis of primary qualitative research and function as research suppliers and/or consultants.
- Non QRCA members: Must meet our standard membership qualifications.
- Current QRCA members: Must not have not attended a QRCA annual conference in the past 5 years.
Grants will be awarded based on age, experience level and a personal statement provided by the applicant. All individuals must meet standard membership qualifications for attendance at the time they apply. Only one grant will be awarded to a single company or firm. Grant awards are non-transferable.
Live outside of North America? Consider (also) applying for the Global Scholarship which, in addition to a free conference pass, also covers lodging and hotel. Information can be found here.
- (11/26/18) QRCA Announces Winners for 2019 Young Professionals Grant: The winners of the 2019 YPG program are listed below.
- (8/14/18) YPG is bigger and better this year! The QRCA Board of Directors has approved winners receiving a free 1-year QRCA membership in addition to an Annual Conference pass.
- (8/14/18) Grad students and NewQ members can now get an exclusive discount to the 2019 Annual Conference: 50% off. This makes the conference $475 if you pay before December 12th. There's also an option to split payments or get additional financial assistance. Click here for more info.
- (5/30/18) New Young Pro deal for the 2019 Annual Conference!
50% off conference fees for graduate students and those who qualify for NewQ membership (Stay tuned for more details and the code to use when registering)
Follow #YoungQRCA and @qrca on Twitter for updates and news.
- Vidhika Bansal, UX Research & Strategy Lead, CARFAX, United States
- Katy Carew, Research Manager, KNow Research, United States
- Kari Casciano, Marketing Researcher & Strategist, Founder of Elevate Insights, United States
- Kelly Donohue, Design Researcher, Credit Karma, United States
- Annette, Esquibel, Design & UX Researcher, The Brightly Co., United States
- Saransh Gupta, User Experience Researcher, Department of Work and Pensions, London, England
- Molly Hagan, Qualitative Associate, Corona Insights, United States
- Jack Fleming, Product Designer, Academia.edu, United States
- Allison Kuperman, Product Designer, Medisas, United States
- Meghan Lazier, Design Researcher and Strategist, US Federal Government, United States
- Tyler Maltbie, Senior Consultant, C Space, United States
- Abby Miller, Sr. Qualitative Research Manager, Magid, United States
- Barb Paszyn, Research Management Associate, Sklar Wilton & Associates, Canada
- Sonya Shen, Independent Research Consultant & Storyteller, United States
- Erin Wagner, Research Analyst II, Edge Research, United States
- Philippe Boutros, Senior Research Analyst, Cascade Insights, United States
- Warren Ciabattoni, Director, Qualitative Research, 7th Sense Research, United States
- Elizabeth Dengal, Senior Project Manager, Fulcrum Research Group, United States
- Aimée Douglas, PhD, Senior Specialist, Qualitative Research, Bain & Company, United States
- Jessica Fennell, Research Manager, Northstar Research Partners, United Kingdom
- Reece Jones, Senior Research Analyst, Qualitative Insights, Buzzback, United States
- Anne Lee Groves, Director, Lee Groves Consulting, Canada
- Marlena Mattei, Manager, Research & Insights, KUDZU Research & Insights, United States
- Amye Parker, Research Manager, Northstar Research Partners, United Kingdom
- Jeanne Penn, Research Executive, Cello Health Insight, United States
- Meagan Peters, Qualitative Director, Solution Partners Consulting, United States
- Angel Requena, Associate Project Director, InsightsNow, United States
- Andrew Russell, Design Researcher, Sylver Consulting, United States
- Rebecca Bukele Samour, Associate Director of Research & Insights, Collage Group, El Salvador
- Dr. Brittany L. Stalsburg, Founder & President, BLS Research & Consulting LLC, United States
- Leigh Wright, Research Manager, Bad Babysitter Productions, United States
See full bios and photos of the 2018 recipients
- Sarah Brown, Senior Analyst, Qualitative Researce, Kelton, Los Angeles, CA
- Russ Edwards, PhD Candidate, University of South Florida and Research & Customer Experience Analyst, Precision Dialogue, Tampa, FL
- Rebecca Fowler, Senior Marketing Specialist, FedEx Services, Memphis, TN
- Caitlin Homstad, Research Analyst, Research Partnership, Philadelphia, PA
- Bernadette Lockamyier, Consumer Insights, Rochester, New York
- Jennifer Myers, Project Manager, Ipsos RDA, Macomb, Michigan
- Brandon Richard, Research Manager, The Link Group, Durham, North Carolina
- Keith J. Romer, Research Consultant, The Garage Group, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Daniela Rubio, Independent Bilingual/Bicultural Qualitative Consultant, San Francisco, California
- Kelsey Segaloff, Qualitative Associate Researcher, Chadwick Martin Bailey, Boston, Massachusetts
- Nathalia Vega, Project Director, Blackstone Group, Chicago IL
- Ashleigh Williams, Senior Qualitative Analyst, C+R Research, Chicago, Illinois
- Laura Albers, Kaleidoscope LLC, Santa Monica, California
- Tory Rebecca Gentes, The Palmerston Group, Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Kayte Hamilton, Brado Creative Insight, St. Louis, Missouri
- Ellen Hart, Vivisum Partners, Durham, North Carolina
- Heather Hilgenkamp, iModerate Research Technologies, Denver, Colorado
- Emily Hoffman, Research Partnership, Ambler, Pennsylvania
- Elizabeth Marconi, GfK, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
- Margaret Mariani, The Strat Lab, Tampa, Florida
- Meghan Morales, Cocker Fennessy, Seattle, Washington
- Shatha Richards, PSEARCH Associates Company Ltd., Kingston, Jamaica
- Colleen Berg, The Sound Research
- Karin Chrisville, Edge Research
- Katie Davis, Hall & Partners
- Chelsea Gibbons, iModerate
- Karlene Hanko, Slover Linett Audience Research
- Susan Lackey, Fulcrum Research Group
- Alexa Megna, The Pert Group
- Beth Preece, Burke, Inc.
- Peter Schamp, Market Dynamics Research Group
- Kim Schonfeld, Lieberman Research Worldwide
- Anisha Shetty, HawkPartners
- Sarah Tax, Research Partnership
- Arielle Trammel-Fisher, Galileo Research
& Strategy LLC
- Berkley Wooten, The Link Group
- Anya Zadrozny, Self-Employed